Kuwait, October 20, 2014 — Mezzan Holding KSCC (Mezzan) today announced that the company has filed an application with Kuwait’s Capital Markets Authority to list on the Kuwait Stock Exchange (KSE).
Mezzan Holding applies for listing on the Kuwait Stock Exchange, plans to launch an offering of up to 88.95 million shares for 30% of the company.
The company plans to list on the official bourse following a secondary offering of 88.95 million shares, representing 30% of the company, led by Watani Investment Company KSCC (NBK Capital). The offering’s objective is to expand the company’s shareholder base, and will commence following the Capital Markets Authority (CMA)’s approval.
Mezzan Holding Chairman, Khalid Jassim Al Wazzan, said, “Today’s announcement marks a major milestone for the company and the Gulf’s private sector. Upon Mezzan’s successful listing on the KSE, investors will have a unique opportunity to invest in the Gulf’s growing food, beverage, and FMCG sectors. We look forward to the CMA’s approval and the listing of the company”.
With a legacy of 70 years, Mezzan Holding is a leading vertically-integrated manufacturer, distributor, and provider of food, beverage, and FMCG products and services in Kuwait, the UAE and Qatar, with a growing Middle East footprint. In 2013, the group recorded revenues of KD141 million, 75% of which were generated by consumer-driven sectors.
Mezzan Holding incorporates 29 subsidiaries, and is operationally structured into two primary business lines: Food Business Line and Non-Food Business Line, which includes consumer and supplemental industrial products.
The group distributes over 25,000 Stock Keeping Units (SKU), making it one of the largest operators in terms of SKUs, unit sales, market share, and in terms of share of revenues of total consumer spending in consumer categories served by Mezzan.
- Operates in seven countries through 29 subsidiaries, and 7,500 employees
- In-house products enjoy high brand recognition and positioning including Kitco chips and snacks, Khazan meat products, Al Wazzan and Country rice, Al Wazzan Canned Tuna, Aqua Gulf and Dana water, Dania canned foods and Softy
- Active in various segments of the consumer staple industry supported by long-standing relationships with Johnson and Johnson, Olayan Kimberly-Clark, Reckitt Benckiser, General Mills, Sara Lee, Red Bull (in the UAE), and many other leading brands and manufacturers
- Distributes over 25,000 Stock Keeping Units (SKUs)
- Serves over 100,000 meals a day in Kuwait, Qatar, and the UAE through its catering business
- Has a total of 130,000 square meters in food, beverage and FMCG manufacturing facilities in Kuwait, Qatar, the UAE, and Afghanistan
- Leverages long-standing relationships with private and cooperative supermarkets
- Vertically integrated into complementary business operations, including packaging, catering, contract services and logistics
- Food Services customers include multinational fast food chains, airline catering services, and large food services companies
Mezzan’s Food Business Line comprises Food and Beverage Manufacturing and Distribution, Catering and Services. The company manufactures chips and snacks,meats, bottled water and canned foods through production facilities in Kuwait, Qatar, and the UAE. The products are sold across markets in the Gulf to both consumers and food services companies, such asmultinational fast food chains, airlines catering services, and large food services customers. The company’s distribution operation imports some of the world’s leading products and distributes them across the same markets. Many of the brands and products in Mezzan’s premium product portfolio hold market leadership positions in their respective market segments and geographies.
On the catering side, Mezzan group prepares approximately 100,000 meals per day through industrial kitchens in Kuwait, Qatar, and the UAE making it one of the largest operators in this sector. The group also provides food services, serving clients such as the United Nations and government entities.
Whereas the Non-Food Business Line comprises two divisions: Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG, Household and Pharmaceutical products) and Industrial Operations. Mezzan group has maintained long-standing supplier and agency relationships, which remain the cornerstone of the segment’s success. Favorable terms, streamlined processes and effective logistics have enabled Mezzan to cultivate these relationships to become one of the leading players in the FMCG sector in the region.
With both the Food Business Line and the Non-Food Business Line combined, Mezzan group manufactures and distributes 358 leading consumer brands, including consumer favorites such as Kitco chips and snacks, Khazan meat products, Al Wazzan and Sun White Rice, Al Wazzan Canned Tuna, Starbucks retail products, Pillsburry, Green Giant, Sara Lee, Betty Crocker, Red Bull (in the UAE), Tabasco, Dettol cleaning products, Kleenex, Listerine, Pif Paf, Huggies, Clearasil, Neutrogena, Zyrtec, Tylenol, Olfen, Misporin, and Gaviscon among others.
Mezzan Holding is headquartered in Kuwait.
Reporters may contact: Fawaz Al Sirri | Bensirri Public Relations | email@example.com | 00965 66622448