Mezzan Holding adopts policy, systems and procedures for protection of its business operations and shareholders while balancing and separating powers between the executive management, who run the business, and the Board of Directors, who strategize and oversee the company’s overall performance and strategic alignment.
The key objectives of corporate governance and oversight adopted by Mezzan Holding is to ensure consistency of the business, protection of the shareholders, promoting transparency and credibility, and the ability to tackle and address issues and to promote and enhance management efficiency, secure lower cost operation and financing, promote and reinforce control and audit procedures, promote corporate responsibility, promote fairness and transparency, and eliminate conflict of interest.
The aim of the whistleblowing policy is to set proper guidelines and procedures to report abuses and violations to rules and regulations. This policy does not aim to suspect financial, commercial or other business decisions taken by the company and should not be used for the purpose of retroactively challenging any matters already occurred in the past in the context of other procedures.
To read full policy click here
Board of Directors
To further ensure oversight, Mezzan Holding’s Board of Directors includes posts for two independent directors pursuant to the requirement of Corporate Governance Rules issued by the Board of Commissioners of the CMA under Decree number 25 of 2013 with respect to the corporate governance rules for companies subject to the supervision of the CMA. The independent directors share the same authorities as other directors with regard to their tasks, authorities and the formation of the internal committees in accordance with the aforementioned Corporate Governance Rules.
- Abdel Rahman Jassim Mohammad Al Wazzan, Chairman (Click here to read Bio)
- Mohammad Jassim Mohammad Al Wazzan, Vice Chairman (Click here to read Bio)
- Motasem Jassim Mohammad Al Wazzan, Director (Click here to read Bio)
- Abdulwahab Ahmed Al Marzouq, Independent Director (Click here to read Bio)
- Jamal Abdulhameed Al Mutawa, Independent Director (Click here to read Bio)
- Ensure consistency of the business
- Protection of the shareholders
- Promoting transparency and credibility
- Enhance management efficiency
- Promote and reinforce control and audit procedures
- Promote corporate responsibility, fairness and transparency
- Eliminate conflict of interest
- Internal Audit Committee
- Risk Management Committee
- Nomination and Remuneration Committee
- Corporate Governance Committee