Mezzan Holding K.S.C. was founded in the early 1940s and reincorporated in 1999 under the current holding structure with a paid up capital of KWD 31.13 million. Today, Mezzan Holding’s operations span across the Gulf and other select markets through 29 vertically integrated operating companies. Our legacy brands, including Al Wazzan, KITCO and Khazan, coupled with our agency brands, have earned superior brand recognition, consumer loyalty, deep market penetration and vast market reach.
- Start of recovery in key operational metrics including Revenue, Gross Profit and EBITDA.
- Strong revenue growth in the food manufacturing and distribution and food services unit as well as the Non Food FMCG and Healthcare units.
- Revenue growth witnessed in all key markets.
- Expanded our presence healthcare segment via completion of two transactions: acquisition of majority stake in Kuwait’s sole pharmaceuticals manufacturer (KSPICO) and entering into a JV to distribute Medtronics and Covidien in Kuwait.
- Recorded revenue of KWD 222.5 million.
Mezzan Holding is an integrated business with commercial operations in manufacturing, distribution, retail, wholesale and contract services. The company’s activities, which are run through 29 subsidiaries, are grouped into two main business lines: Food Business Line and Non-Food Business Line, with each business line directly contributing to Mezzan’s revenue and net profit. Below is an infographic of our business lines and divisions, and their contribution to Mezzan Holding’s revenue based on Full Year 2019 audited earnings.
Food Business Line
Generating 74.8% of the company’s revenue, Mezzan’s Food Business Line operates through three primary divisions: Food and Beverage Manufacturing and Distribution, Catering and Services.
Non-food Business Line
Generating 25.2% the company’s revenue, Mezzan’s Non-Food Business Line comprises two divisions: FMCG (household and pharmaceutical products) and Industrials.